Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 09:21:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UUCP and lpr services don't work anymore

Today I noticed, that since about 4 or 5 days my outgoing
mails go to something kinda /dev/null.

I'm running a very -current SMP kernel here.

Outgoing mails are mailed via UUCP. The D files get spooled
ok in the D. directory, but the control files in the C.
subdir (UUCP spool dir), has the size of 0 bytes although
the vfilesystem has pleanty of Mbytes free.

I think a similar problem is this with my print services.

The data files are spooled properly in the printers spool
directory, but nothing get's printed although a cat
directly to the device /dev/lpt0 works ....

The lpq command gives me a strange incomplete status line,
where only "0 bytes" is printed per queued print job.

I'll build a non SMP kernel to see if it's only related to
SMP ....

But please heads up, maybe some of you already get an idea
what't might causing this ....

You can write me an e-mail, receiving mails is still fine,
but mailing out is currently impossible ...

And I wondered, why my mail doesn't show up on the -current
mailing list ;-)

	Andreas ///