Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 23:32:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Hansen <stephen@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NAT Not working right

I'm on a FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE system, which was recently CVSupdated as of
yesterday. I have my FreeBSD system connected to the internet via a cable
connection, and there is a Win98 box connecting through NAT.

Network setup in /etc/rc.conf:

network_interfaces="lo0 ed0 wb0"
ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"
ifconfig_ed0="DHCP"
ifconfig_wb0"inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"

The Win98 box has 192.168.0.1 as it's Gateway, and its static ip is set to
192.168.0.2. I'm running named on this machine to proxy-out the DNS
requests from the Win98 machine.

Now, it all works just fine and perfectly -- the problem is, if my FreeBSD
box reboots, the other machine can't access the internet until /it/
reboots.

I'm not sure why :)

What can I do to fix this?