Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 00:51:36 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Nathan Mace" <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ELF file OS ABI invalid (was ld conf???)

I assumed that it was a FreeBSD program looking fo libvga.so.1.

However, it looks like it's a Linux program that is looking for it.  In
base-6.1, libvga.so.1 is in
/usr/compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libvga.so.1.  You'll have to run
the Linux ldconfig on that directory to refresh the Linux shared library
cache.
(/usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -m
/usr/compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib)

You can't make a Linux program use FreeBSD shared libraries, or vice versa.

Matt