Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:03:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What do these mean?

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> Please save me the source hunting.  what do the following messages mean?
> The machine is connected to a 3Com Linkbuilder 9at 100MHz). Everything else
> on that hub is FreeBSD but on the Intel boards, excpet the other Alpha
> which has a built-in tulip.
>
> de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to 96|256)
> de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to
> 128|512)
> de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to
> 160|1024)

I get these all the time.  They are harmless but annoying.  The driver
seems to set up the wrong values for one of my de cards and then realise
its mistake later when it gets a few underflows.  I had this with NetBSD
too so I haven't tried to debug it.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039