Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 1995 15:44:05 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>, paul@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, csgr@freebsd.org, Wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Crypt code summary(2).

<<On Sat, 24 Jun 1995 17:52:05 +0200, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za> said:

> 2) (Little discussion here) eay's Secure Sockets Library (SSL) to be
>    imported in a similar way to above. (This is how secure telnet, FTP
>    etc will work).

I very much dislike this idea.  The situation with secure Internet
apps is still far too much in flux for any one solution to be adopted
in the source tree; there's a good chance that it will be necessary to
rip it out later.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.