Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:08:26 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        "Gerald S. Stoller" <gs_stoller@hotmail.com>
Cc:        gs_stoller@juno.com
Subject:   Re: man pages

On 2003-09-26 01:50:52 -0400, Gerald S. Stoller wrote:
>         I have noticed some problems with several man pages (in  FreeBSD )
> but I don't know to whom to complain and send suggestions for correction.
> Looking at the  man pages  section of the  FreeBSD  website, your email
> address popped up.  Are you the person with whom to confer about this?  If
> not, can you please send me info about how to find the email address of the
> person responsible for a particular man page.
>       Organizationally, I feel that  FreeBSD  should have email addresses
> for several topics (e.g.,        man-page@FreeBSD.org ,  kernel@FreeBSD.org
> , file-system@FreeBSD.org  [included in the previous, but still logically
> distinct], boot@FreeBSD.org , ksh@FreeBSD.org , pdksh@FreeBSD.org , etc.)
> and have someone familiar with the topic and the personnel who maintain the
> topic monitor the mail drop of that topic to send the email to the
> appropriate person who could fix the problem.

Hi Gerald,

a FreeBSD mailinglist Summary is available at

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

if you found a bug in a manpage, please send your comments or the patch
to freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org or freebsd-doc@freebsd.org

-Wolfram

--
Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.org> http://wolfram.schneider.org