Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:00:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Charles Ulrich" <charles@idealso.com>
To:        "Vince Hoffman" <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.x /usr Partitioning advice

Vince Hoffman said:
> Other than what you have already mentioned then no not realy. By the way
> I (and i think it suggests in the handbook to) keep my kernel config in a
> subdirectory of my home directory and just symlink it to
> /usr/src/i386/conf as i have been know to blow away the entire /usr/src
> directory occasionaly.

That is a great idea, of course, until you accidently blow away your home
directory like I did recently. :P There are two files now that I always keep
squirreled away somewhere safe: XF86Config the the kernel config.

I'm thinking of putting my configuration files (and perhaps home directory)
into subversion at some point in the distant future for additional protection
and safe-keeping.

--
Charles Ulrich
System Administrator