Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:37:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        mpp@freefall.freebsd.org (Mike Pritchard)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  src/share/doc/handbook ctm.sgml current.sgml cvsup.sgml dialup.sgml firewalls.sgml hw.sgml install.sgml isdn.sgml k

> mpp         96/12/31 13:54:27
>
>   Modified:    share/doc/handbook  ctm.sgml current.sgml cvsup.sgml
>                         dialup.sgml firewalls.sgml  hw.sgml install.sgml
>                         isdn.sgml kernelconfig.sgml  kernelopts.sgml
>                         linuxemu.sgml mail.sgml policies.sgml  ports.sgml
>                         printing.sgml scsi.sgml synching.sgml
>   Log:
>   Avoid the use of contractions.  This eliminates the "its"/"it's" problems
>   pointed out by Rick Robinson.  Found and fixed some grammar problems
>   at the same time.

I'm not sure.  I checked Strunk and White's "Elements of Style"
(ISBN 0-02-418200-1) and nowhere do I see "Avoid the use of
contractions".  I do see "it's" versus "its" on page 1.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936