Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2007 10:13:43 -0700
From:      "Steve Franks" <stevefranks@ieee.org>
To:        "FreeBSD Users Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fix: acpiconf won't suspend

Previously, I had asked why acpiconf -s<n> always failed with the output:
"not ready yet".

I never got a satisfying answer, but this morning, in a flash of insight, I
ran "acpiconf -s<n>&" - magic - the & makes it go.  Of course, out of my
three laptops I've bought 2 years apart (each), not a one will un-suspend
correctly (all no ttys/xorg, just like the warning in the man/handbook
states is typical), but maybe my discovery will help someone else.

Anyone know if 6.2 or 7.x have made significant changes to acpi?

Steve