Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:46:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I badly need your help with my printer as usually

So yes i can speak with my printer directly(through /dev/lpt0)
You will get my /etc/printcap tonight ,so io do not think
the file is the source of provblem it is the same file
as previous to this unhappy upgrade.i suppose toruble is
in communication between lpd and lp.anyhow you will get it
ps waux|grep lpd shown the presence of /usr/sbin/lpd
as expected
with telnet localhost printer
i got following response
lpd:you host has not access to line printer
    connection closed by foreign host

regards