Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 13:21:11 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        djb@ifa.au.dk
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hlt instructions and temperature issues

Hi,
> > > That's exactly the same as what occurred here. They didn't occur until I
> > > added the hlt instruction; but now I've physically removed the UDMA66
> > > drive, I disabled the (Highpoint) interface and PIIX4 in the bios, and I
> >                                                   ^^^^^
> > not sure what this means?
>
> I'm sorry. I meant the ordinary IDE interface only. The Abit BP6 (dual
> celeron) mainboard has two dual channel IDE controllers: the PIIX4 one (max
> UDMA33) and the Highpoint one (max UDMA66).

So when both controllers were enabled, did the BIOS properly assign one to
irq14, and the second to irq15?  The PIIX4 chip itself contains 2 IDE
channels (ie 2 busses x 2 drives).  Can you disable individual channels,
or does enabling the UDMA33 force both to be active?  If both UDMA33 channels
were active, as well as the UDMA66, this moight cause the irq7 problem...

Did fbsd also assign them to 14 and 15?

Were there any drives on the UDAM33 bus?
--
Steve Passe	| powered by