Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 22:17:07 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        kabaev@mail.ru, kris@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ak03@gte.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl 5.6.0?

> From: "Alexander N. Kabaev" <kabaev@mail.ru>
>
> I am perfectly aware of the way OpenBSD builds contrib software. I am just
> making a point that they have found perl 5.6.0 is stable enough to be
> included into their OS.

Well, knowing the way they build their contrib stuff, one would expect
that if some of the stuff fails in ways more subtle than "build time
failures", they would not notice it until kind of late anyway.

I don't want to make myself sound like an OpenBSD enemy here.  I do
appreciate their work, and their efforts to have the latest software
release available.  I'm just addicted to the way FreeBSD sticks to a
working version until another is proven to work better :)

Ciao.