Date:      Wed, 24 May 2006 02:06:20 +0800
From:      mag@intron.ac
To:        mallman@icir.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
Subject:   Re: How to Quicken TCP Re-transmission?

     Actually, TCP is a single sliding window protocol, which limits its
performance on seriously lossy and long delay transmission media.
     We assume that a sender has sent packets [A] [B] [C] [D] [E] while
the receiver has received packets [A] [C] [E]. With TCP the receiver can
only tell the sender that [A] has reached. If the receiver can notify
the sender that both [B] and [D] should be re-sent, the performance will
be better.
                                                From Beijing, China