Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:04:34 -0700
From:      Monte Westlund <montejw@memes.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   firewall

Hello,
I have just gotten the duty ;) of administering a FreeBSD box that is
working as a firewall to a windows lan. The FreeBSD box has 2 NIC's, one
that is wired to a DSL modem to get out to the world wild internet.

The windows lan is hooked up to the second NIC. I am having a bit of a time
getting the 'firewall' to work. Using IPFW.

My problem is that I have to add the line 'allow ip from any to any' to the
end of the ipfw list. I usually run 'ipfw show' and then manually add the
line to the end of the list using 'ipfw add 2110 allow ip from any to any'.
This just doesn't seem right to have to do this.

I haven't been able to find any real usable examples of rc.firewall
anywhere. Can someone let me know where I can find some examples of
rc.firewall?

Thanks,
Monte Westlund