Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:58:07 -0500
From:      freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu
To:        Jim Sander <jim@federation.addy.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /etc/mail/Makefile and virtusertable.db

On 13 Feb 2002 at 14:25, Jim Sander wrote:

> I've got a perl script to do that, looking roughly like this:
>
> rename "temp.virtusertable", "/etc/mail/virtusertable";
> system("cd /etc/mail; make");

You know, you could just put

`/usr/sbin/makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable`

(that's a leading/trailing back-quote) and skip the system call.

 Make sure you include the full paths to everything, just to keep it easily
readable I left it as it was.

 The reason I suggest this is... you say it works great manually but not
through your script.

 You did say you've tried to script this several different ways so
perhaps you've tried this already.. dunno.

gf