Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:11:07 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        andreas@naund.org, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: r358062(ncurses) breaks installed ports, howto check?

Andreas Ott andreas at naund.org wrote on
Thu Feb 27 20:20:13 UTC 2020 :

> > # find /usr/local/*bin* /usr/local/lib* -type f \
> > | xargs ldd -f '%p %A\n' 2>&1 | grep "^/lib/libncurses[^ ]*\.so\.8" =
| cut -w -f2 \
> > | xargs pkg which -q | sort -u | more
>=20
> after pkp update && pkg upgrade, this came back empty.

The command is designed to report on the usage before the
libncurses*.so.8 are deleted, rather than after they have
been deleted: it was intended to help prepare beforehand.
It sounds like you did an activity that deleted the old
versions already before running the command.

I've not (yet?) thought about detecting and reporting forms
of libncurses*.so.8 being referenced but not being found.
I have not progressed to a version of head with
libncurses*.so.9 files yet.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com