Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:05:04 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcmaudio drivers...

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > Hi...
> >
> > 	I must be missing something...I just installed the new pcmaudio
> > drivers, and swear I've followed the directions to the letter, but when I
> > try to do the compile, I get:
>
> it seems to me that you are trying to compile in the old driver as
> well, and you can't have both.
>
> (the actual compile problem you are seeing is using the new soundcard.h with
> the old driver -- it did not work in the version you have but it will
> with the sources nate and jordan are committing to -stable in these
> hours; this said, compilation would fails anyways in some next phase
> because of name clashes and/or conflicting file names).

	Got it installed, and am running the new kernel now.  Beautiful
side effect of these new drivers...x11amp volume control now works without
jamming up :)

	I still get 'stuttering' on the spectrum analyzer, which I'm
taking to be not enough CPU more then anything, so am not too concerned,
since I can shut it off...

	Fantastic job :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org