Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2012 10:26:03 +0400
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea@freebsd.org>
To:        Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: syslog(3) issues

--6CiRFyVmOOJ3DkBX

Attilio, good day.

Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 12:35:24AM +0100, Attilio Rao wrote:
> I was trying to use syslog(3) in a port application that uses
> threading , having all of them at the LOG_CRIT level. What I see is
> that when the logging gets massive (1000 entries) I cannot find some
> items within the /var/log/messages (I know because I started stamping
> also some sort of message ID in order to see what is going on). The
> missing items are in the order of 25% of what really be there.
>=20
> Someone has a good idea on where I can start verifying for my syslogd
> system?

This is almost obvious, but had you tried running syslogd with flag '-d'
that gives verbose information about incoming stuff and whether it will
be logged to some file(s).
--=20
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]
[ 82FE 06BC D497 C0DE 49EC  4FF0 16AF 9EAE 8152 ECFB | freebsd.org ]

--6CiRFyVmOOJ3DkBX

--6CiRFyVmOOJ3DkBX--