Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:58:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Scary DPT problem.

My apologies.  I'm well aware of the purpose of -current vs -stable.  I
was more concerned with the fact that it appears to be possible to get the
DPT controller so scrambled up that a simple reboot doesn't reset it.

Not anything with SMP/3.0...

FWIW, I can still crash SMP/3.0 if I bump up InetLoad high enough, but I
still can't crash a 3.0-uniprocessor kernel with no MAXMEM...

Haven't supped since yesterday, given the headaches of applying the DPT
patches all the time to the sys tree.

I don't see this so much as a 3.0 problem, as a DPT issue, but I could be
off base.  Wouldn't be the first time... :0