Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:09:29 +0200
From:      "Riaan Kruger" <riaank@gmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Make Release Customization

What is the best way to add new files into the CHROOT environment when doing
a make release?

I am trying to create my own distribution using the make release, from
release(7), mechanism.  The problem is, is that I wish to add files to the
CHROOT environment. These files are my own config files that I wish to
process with the *"LOCAL**_**SCRIPT*" script. I know there is a
*LOCAL**_**PATCHES
*option with which to patch in stuff into the CHROOT environment. However, I
wish to avoid the patching mechanism, because of many reasons (which I will
explain if you want me to :) )

Riaan