Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:41:44 +0100
From:      Christophe Branchereau <chris.branch@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two questions about gconcat

Hello list, I have a very simple question.

I installed freebsd on an xSeries 330 with two 73Go scsi disks.

I partitionned largely for the system on one disk, and concated the rest
with the second disk. That gives me a 125Go /usr/home.

First question is, the system is very slow to start. From what I can see
on the console, it first stops for a while after an "2nd cpu launched !"
message (I know, that doesn't belong to this list) and it halts again
for a while launching gconcat, the floppy drive making weird noises.
Hmmm, I didn't concat my floppy drive... any thoughts ?

Second question is, if one of the two disks fails, will I be able to
retreive what is on the other disk ? I mean, is there still a "normal"
UFS system on it that I will be able to mount or would be everything
lost ? I would then rather mount the second disk in /usr/home/compaq or
something...

Christophe