Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 1999 15:05:09 +0200
From:      Nikolaos Nikou <Nikolaos.Nikou@lmf.ericsson.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installation problems

Yes I now have this information through another notebook we have
from the windows control panel

NeoMagic MagicGraph 128XD
The monitor it is defined as SuperVGA 1024x768
but we are using it with 800x600 @ 24bit

Sound sytem
Yamaha OPL3SAX SoundSystem
Yamaha OPL3SAX GamePort

I tried in my configuration to choose NeoMagic and 800x600 @8bit
but it didn\t work.
I couldn\t find any option for LCD monitor

thank you for your help
nikolas

bright@wintelcom.net wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Nikolaos Nikou wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just started with freebsd and I had previous experience only
with
> > Solaris but only as user.
> >
> > I have a notebook Zenith Z-NOTE 1000 with pentium 48MbRAM and
2G HD.

> > I have installed the freebsd and the desktop environment but I
cannot
> > get it to start.
> >
> > I have tried several configuration alternatives through the
graphical
> > interface but every time I get that the xserver could not
start.

> > Is there anyway to configure the system so that it will run;
> > The strange thing is that the configuration of the xserver is
in
> > graphical mode but then after that I cannot get any graphical
interface.

> > I do not know the card on my laptop or all the cryptic
questions asked