Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:30:22 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   URGENT: Need a Redhat 8 RPM of freetype 2.1.7

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

We're in the process of trying to update the linux_base support from
7.x (which has security vulnerabilities that will never be fixed) to
8.0, as a minimal fix that will allow FreeBSD 4.11 to ship with a
working linuxulator.  This is working, except RH 8.0 includes an old
version of freetype that does not understand gzipped fonts, and
doesn't recognise some truetype fonts.  As a result, font rendering of
linux applications on FreeBSD is extremely poor.

An update to freetype 2.1.4 or newer (preferably 2.1.7) should fix
these problems, but RedHat did not seem to make available any updates
to the freetype package.

Is anyone able to generate (or tell me where I can find) an updated
freetype package compatible with redhat 8.0?

Kris

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--