Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 01:59:24 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Jim Mock <jim@jmock.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Subject:   Re: docs/20794: Request 2 good documents under people.freebsd.or

On 08-Sep-00 Jim Mock wrote:>
>> Out of interest, where could you see these documents fitting
>> in? Handbook? Which section?
>
> Well, I think the one on PXE installs should definitely be in the
> handbook in the installation chapter.  The other one could probably be
> made into an article of its own and put in the tutorials list.

Hrm. After having a bit more time to think about this, I'm not sure I agree.

If you read the PXE installs document (http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pxe)
it's not really much to do with how to _install_ freebsd, more to do with how
to prepare a server to allow other machines to install off that box. So
wouldn't putting this info in the installation chapter just clutter it up,
seeing as people who are reading it really just want to know how to _install_
freebsd?

I certainly think PXE installs should be mentioned in the installation chapter,
along with the instructions that are relevent to someone who is trying to
install using PXE, but I think the majority of the document belongs elsewhere
in the handbook, probably in part 3 or 4.

What do people think?

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org