Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 23:21:36 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, =?iso-8859-15?Q?=D8ystein_Andreassen?= <oystein.andreassen@systec.no>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with MyLex KZPAC PCI RAID controller

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 10:35:46AM -0800, Michael Smith wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 09:36:46AM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> >
> > We used to have different firmware on the Mylex's for Intel and Alpha
> > based servers. Don't ask me why.
>
> There are a number of "preferential" behaviours and quirks for broken
> disks that Mylex built into these controllers, however the major
> difference is simply that the AXP controllers have no BIOS.

OK. There used to be a time (dim, dark past) where the Mylex-for-Intel
servers (out of the DEC PC business unit) had newer firmware than the ones for
Alpha (out of the Storage Business unit). To complicate things the
Storage business unit *also* had a Mylex for Intel-based servers that had
different f/w again.

Argh..