Date:      Sun, 25 May 1997 23:36:33 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        nadav@cs.technion.ac.il
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Pentium II released

In article <Pine.GSO.3.95-heb-2.07.970526090852.14505B-100000.kithrup.freebsd.chat@csd> you write:
>What worries me is that, at least here, this went unnoticed
>by the press, much like when someone sues Microsoft for violating
>copyrights or whatever, meaning that it might be a lost cause. Still, I
>think I'll follow this...

Trust me... around here, it has *not* gone unnoticed.  Of course, I live in
Silicon Valley, where new chip announcements make the front page :).

There's also a lot of discussion going on in comp.arch, including all of the
patents being posted along with some analysis.

Also, DEC is not claiming that Intel "intentionally" infringed; they are
claiming that Intel knew about the patents at some point before DEC filed
suit.  (It's a subtle but important distinction.)

Yes, I am rooting against Intel in this case.  Not because of any love for
DEC, but because something needs to be done about Intel.

In a related issue, Cyrix, I think it was, also sued Intel last week.  I
don't know the details about that, though.