Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:45:12 -0300
From:      "Renato Marques" <renato_fbsd@optrade.com.br>
To:        "Tom Moyer" <tommoyer@atlanticbb.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Shared Partition?

I currently dual boot Windos 98 and FreeBSD 5.2.1. The only thing i
do is create first a primary dos and extend partition using a DOS FDISK
and FOMAT and so,
    mount -t msdos /dev/ados1 /mnt/c
    mount -t msdos /dev/ad0s5 /mnt/d
    mount -t msdos /dev/ad0s6 /mnt/e
and even
    mount /dev/ad0s7

    Some time ago, when a tried to make that using fdisk and newfs_msdos
nothing
works only ad0s7.
    Hope that helps.

I currently dual boot Windows XP and FreeBSD 5.2.1.  I have files that
are common to both (MP3's and some documents).  Is there a way to create
a partition that can be read by both that would eliminate this double
copy problem?

I thought creating a separate partition woudl work but Windows XP allows
only one visible primary partition and I don't know how to mount a
logical partition with multiple sub-partitions.