Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 20:53:35 -0000
From:      "Neill Grusning" <xtr14204901@xtra.co.nz>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re-send of query.

Hi. I would like some help with the FreeBSD installation. I have set it
up correctly, I think, & get to the stage of installing the 13 disks,
which hold the bin.aa files. Each disk has 5 bin.xx files. After I
insert the first disk, I get an error message, followed by,
"Congratulations, you have installed FreeBSD". (NOTHING was loaded from
the first disk). My question is, how do I load these 13 disks?
I can reboot the computer, & finally get a Boot:: prompt. This scrolls
about every 5 seconds. Anything typed at this prompt, brings up,"Can't
find Kernel".
My computer is a 486DX/100, with 8 meg of RAM, a 200 meg Hard Drive,
C:>, and an 80 meg H/drive, D:>, which is unused. The computer is
dedicated to FreeBSD. I must be doing something wrong, but am at a loss,
as to what.  The installation guide appears to assume the installer is a
computer wizard,( I certainly am not, although have used one for about
12 years). Can anyone help, I am not familiar with this system at all.
Thanks in advance.

Neill Grusning (ZL1ACO)
28 Ocean Beach Road.
Tairua via Thames