Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:15:32 -0500
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@sponge.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   synaptics drivers?

I noticed that one of the topics on the 5.3-Release (Stable, hooray) TODO list
was fixes for the synaptics touchpad.  What I've not seen, however (and
likely I'm just unsure where the info is), is how to get the scrolling
working on this device.  I know that in Linux, a special synaptics driver
exists.  After I found this feature not to be handled automagically in fBSD,
I tried to compile this driver.  It wasn't so successful and upon reading the
synaptics message in the TODO, I kind of had hope that psm would be able to
do the scrollwheel translation.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Is it even
possible at this point?