Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 01:27:52 -0700
From:      "Vadim Mikhailov" <mvp@braz.ru>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>, "Andrew Gallatin" <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        <re@FreeBSD.ORG>, <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>, <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, <ache@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.6-RELEASE packages on alpha

On Thu, 30 May 2002 21:28:33 -0700 you wrote:
>>  > The 4.6-RELEASE package build has finished on axp0, and I'm currently
>>  > transferring the packages to ftp-master.  Sadly, there are a lot of
>>  > failures still, and none of the gnome or kde versions built
>>  > successfully.
>> I don't see any failures for KDE3 at
>> http://beta.freebsd.org/errorlogs/4-full/
>> Did they build, or were they derailed by a dependancy?  If the latter,
>> how do I figure out which one?
>
> Turns out some of the packages timed out during build, and such things
> don't show up anywhere.
>
> gnome is being derailed by (at least) mozilla

  Kris, as you can see mozilla fails because zip is not working right:

/usr/bin/strip libuconv.so
../../../config/nsinstall -R -m 755 libuconv.so ../../../dist/lib/components
: ../../../dist/lib/components/libuconv.so
../../../config/nsinstall -R -m 755 libuconv.so ../../../dist/bin/components
: ../../../dist/bin/components/libuconv.so
 zip warning: missing end signature--probably not a zip file (did you
 zip warning: remember to use binary mode when you transferred it?)

zip error: Zip file structure invalid (../en-US.jar)

  I have already said here how to fix it, and fix pretty fast.
Just take a look at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=33170
and commit that damn patch to zip port. Zip port maintainer do not appear
to be responsive to that issue - solution for this problem has been known
for 3 months, and still no action has been taken.
  I should notice however that my solution does not solve root of
the problem - namely http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/6184
negative seek bug, which was submitted (with solution) for FreeBSD 2.2.5
back in 1998 (4 years ago!). This bug is still in -stable, and this is
really sad.

Take care,

Vadim Mikhailov.