Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:22:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu>, paul@originat.demon.co.uk, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SGML tools

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Chuck Robey wrote:

> If you're gonna do this, I'd kinda want the tex and groff ports to be in
> it.  I mean, they're both text formatters ....

That is what print is for.  Text processing is for tools which
operate on text for other purposes.  If they were not already in
the base system, things like sed, grep, wc, diff, and friends
would be the prototypical examples of "textproc" ports.  Anyway,
we already went through all this back in Februrary...

-john