Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:22:34 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        "A. Ling" <aling@alum.mit.edu>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Canon 7004 color inkjet support?

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 02:55:10PM -0400, A. Ling wrote:

> I'm interested in this printer because of local availability at
> reasonable price, and the "waterproof" ink technology.  The Aladdin
> Ghostscript hardware compatibility page at
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/printer.html
> seems to imply support using the bjc800 driver, assuming the 7004 & 7000
> have the same or similar interface to software.  Does anyone here have any
> experience either good or bad with either the 7000 or 7004?

The 7000 and 7004 work.  I have the 7000.

HOWEVER, the printer is capable of printing many, I forget how many,
lines in parallel (per pass of the head across the paper) AND
the bjc800 driver does NOT take advantage of this.

THUS it takes "weeks" to print out a page one line per pass of the
print head.

I do not know if this has changed in GhostScript 5.5, but the docs
don't mention any change.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>