Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:21:26 +0300
From:      Andrey Degtyaryov <ad@astral-on.net>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   TOS matching in ipfw2

 Hello!
 Why iptos takes only the limited set of  "spec" values in ipfw2?  It would
be much more convenient, if "spec" could be any number. Why was it neccessary
to apply such restriction?
  In This way it would be possible to implement flexible traffic
shaping models according to the values of TOS.
  I've implemented netgraph node which changes packets' TOS values
passed throw the interface (mark a traffic groups/clients) and ALTQ allocates
a bandwidtch in compliance with ones.  I know about traffic conditioners and
use it on the routers which are running ALTQ. But i cannot / don't want install
ALTQ on all routers upon many reasons.
  It would be much better to migrate from ALTQ to DUMMYNET (because of
higher accuracy of DUMMYNET)...

--
Andrew Degtiariov
AD5898-RIPE | AD5-UANIC