Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:02:04 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        shudo@computer.org
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JCK Status

Hi Shudo-san,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 11:49:16AM +0900, shudo@computer.org wrote:
> > Please realise that much of
> > the information about the tests is under an NDA, which means that I'm
> > limited about what I can say and although I appreciate people wanting
> > to help, you can't.
>
> I've heard that, for legal reasons, you are the only person who can
> apply the JCK to FreeBSD JDK and find out compatibility problems which
> have to be fixed before the JCK is released.  Additionally, are you
> also the only person who can work on the fixes?

Well, I think the former is more that I happen to legally be able to
and I have the hardware to run the tests.  Its also not something that
can really happen in a distributed sense easily, so its pretty much a
one person job in some sense.  I'm certainly not the only person who
can work on the fixes, although I have to be careful about what I post
in terms of code which demonstrates the problem.  To be 100% on the safe
side I basically need to make up an example piece of code that
demonstrates the problem rather than post the code for the actual test
itself.

I hope that clarifies things a little.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com