Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:25:08 +1200
From:      Phil Murray <pmurray@nevada.net.nz>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7805H drivers

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that but had no luck

Phil

> On 20/04/2015, at 10:20 am, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 09:53 +1200, Phil Murray wrote:
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> I have a few Adaptec 7805H HBA cards which FreeBSD doesn=E2=80=99t =
support natively. However Adaptec have provided binary drivers for =
FreeBSD 9.2 (9.3 and 10.x support sadly absent).
>>=20
>> The problem I have is with the GENERIC kernel the compiled in ahd =
driver tries to attach to the controller and fails. This prevents the =
pmspcv (Adaptec binary) driver from working.
>>=20
>> I=E2=80=99d like to keep using GENERIC for freebsd-update etc., so is =
there a way I can stop the ahd driver from trying to attach without =
rebuilding the kernel? Perhaps change their priority or precedence =
somehow?