Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 17:50:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bad144 -- how to get a list of bad sectors > 126

speaking of bad144 -- is there any way to get a list of sectors above
the 126 limit?  bad144 aborts after the first 126 without (apparently)
writing the list, and won't tell me about any of the sectors over that
limit, and badsect seems to require the list to be extracted from the
disk in order to run.  My vendor is reluctant to replace my drive while
I'm running FreeBSD because it is not a supported OS, so I'd rather just
sacrifice 48k of my HD or something and have a working system than dump
FreeBSD (I'll get a new drive at some point to add to the current setup,
and will replace the old one then.)  Any help would be appreciated
(reslicing isn't really an option at this point, as I'm running a pop
mail server for a large numnber of people, a web site, and a name
server.)

Thanks..

Robert
----