Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 1998 14:35:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Wheat <jeff@cetlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FW: Re: Adaptec 1542 drivers busted??

-----FW: <199802061731.JAA11775@stoner.nsg.bc.ca>-----

Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 09:31:06 -0800
From: Donald Acton <acton@opentext.com>
To: Jeff Wheat <jeff@cetlink.net>
Subject: Re: Adaptec 1542 drivers busted??

Jeff Wheat wrote:

> Looks like once again NetBSD/OpenBSD have functional drivers:
>
> Feb  6 10:23:26 johnnybravo /kernel: aha0: DMA beyond end Of ISA: 0x262bd24
> Feb  6 10:23:26 johnnybravo /kernel: ch0: could not sense element address page
>
> Both current releases of NetBSD and OpenBSD work without errors. This is
> from a 3.0-19971225-SNAP system. BOUNCE_BUFFERS are included in the kernel.
> I have observed this in 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2.5 and now 3.0. Is this device
> dropped from development or is there plans to fix this problem? I am sure I
> am not the only one to have seen this.

I observed this problem with the 3.0 snap that you referenced a couple of
weeks ago. I posted a message and only received one response telling me to
make sure that bounce buffers were enabled, which they were. Since then I have
scoured this group, and archives of the other groups looking for a solution
but nothing so far. I have also been trying new releases of the 3.0 snap with
the last snap I tried being 3.0-980204-SNAP. The problem is still present in
the boot floppy of that release.

Donald acton
acton@opentext.com

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

Regards,
Jeff

  Jeff Wheat                  jeff@cetlink.net             Senior Engineer
  CETLink.Net Inc.             South Carolina              +1.803.327.2754