Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:29:59 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sym driver, instable(?)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Yoriaki FUJIMORI wrote:

> I should have written this before:
> I thought that memory DIMMs had got some problems, and tried several DIMM=
s.
> The result was the same.
> If I run the system without scsi cards I mentioned, I do not see the erro=
r.

You wrote in your initial mail that your system often complaint about a
"processor correctable error". Can the software trigger such an error?

If it is pure hardware cause, then the SYM driver will have no means to
help you here.

> I do not say that the sym driver seems to be unstable on all types of
> alpha boxes.  My experience is just on up1100.

Would be interesting, IMO, to know if things go better using another O/S
or or another driver (duno about the SCSI chip of the up1100; if the ncr
supports it, you may give a try with that driver too).

  G=E9rard.