Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 1995 15:31:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 update

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, John Capo wrote:

> -Vince- writes:
> >
> > Greetings everyone,
> >
> > 	I was wondering what would need to be done to upgrade from
> > FreeBSD -current to 2.1 and also, what is the proper and easiest way to
> > compare the updated files in the /etc directory to my original /etc
> > directory?  Any help would be appreciated.
> >

> Just did that to two of my systems.   Almost all -current utils
> work fine with a 2.1 kernel.  mount_nfs was one that didn't.  When
> I discovered that I built nfsiod and nfsd and booted the 2.1 kernel
> again.  ps, pstat and top are some others that won't work.  Once
> I had NFS going I just did a make world.

	Hmmm, so will sup actually upgrade the system to 2.1 sources?

> diff -r /etc /usr/src/etc is one way.  -current and 2.1 are pretty
> close /etc wise.

	Hmmm, I mean like I noticed that -current had alot of updates on
/etc which I am still using the 2.05R /etc files with a few updated but
what do I do after the diff command?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin