Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:32:51 -0600
From:      Ted Spradley <tsprad@spradley.org>
To:        joshua lokken <joshualokken@attbi.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: untar dir of binaries for X

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:06:52 -0800
joshua lokken <joshualokken@attbi.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the binaries for XFree86-4.2.0.  I have them in
> /root/tmp.  How do I untar this thing?  I keep getting
> "/dev/sa0:  device not configured.

If you don't specify an input file, tar defaults to a tape drive ("tar"
== "Tape ARchive").  /dev/sa0 is the first SCSI tape drive.  Use the "f"
option to specify the input file, e.g., "tar xf FreeBSD-4.x.tar".

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html