Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:00:39 -0600
From:      "K. Gunderson" <kgun@iacan.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        "K. Gunderson" <kgun@iacan.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proper cvsup base dir?

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 08:41:51PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 12:04:23PM -0600, K. Gunderson wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > I've never run cvsup before and looking at the docs and handbook I see a
> > difference in the base dir used.  cvsup defauts to /usr/local/etc/cvsup, yet
> > the example files come configured to use /usr.  It seems like the former
> > would be the more "proper" location but the folks who provided the
> > example files know a lot more about it than me. Now obviously
> > this is not mission critical, but I'm curious about it and would
> > appreciate it if somebody could enlighten me.
> >

> FreeBSD uses /usr, /usr/doc, /usr/src, /usr/ports.
>
> See http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/faq.html for
> lots of useful info on using cvsup from the guy who wrote it.

I've read this before I posted;) The prefix dir is where the /usr/src,
/usr/ports, etc. go. No confusion there.  My question pertained to the
base dir, which affects where the checkout files go. My confusion about
this arises out of inconsistencies between the FAQ, example files, and
the Handbook.

<snip>
--
Ciao--Ken
http://www.y2know.org/safari

Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with your Microsoft product.