Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 11:25:09 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        randyd@nconnect.net, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: postgresql build failure on SMP machine

Hi,

what I was blue-skying about is the possibility that postgresSQL may not
be SMP aware.  if several processes are running on seperate CPUs at the
same time the sync primitives may not work properly.  but since the failure
in question is a single process we needn't bother with that scenario (yet).

If I understood this properly:

> >I built a UP kernel on the SMP machine and boot to it.  Incurred the
> >same problem.

its a more fundimental problem than SMP.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by