Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:24:30 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <arcade@limbo.dn.ua>
To:        Chirag Kantharia <chyrag@slashetc.net>
Cc:        adam_hefetz@hotmail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: packages

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 01:39:49PM +0530, Chirag Kantharia wrote:
> | I wanted to upgrade some packages like imlib and tiff but when I try to
> | delete the older version of those programs I got a list of programs that
> | depend on the package I wanted to delete. My question is do I have to
> | upgrade all the other packages just for two packages I want to upgrade?
> you could use pkg_add -f

  That's not the full answer. If package A derives on package B version x.x can I upgrade the package B? Will the package A work then?

  Besides, who is using sawfish and rep-gtk must know, that sawfish derives only of specified verison of rep-gtk, so upgrading only rep-gtk results in sawfish inability to work.

--
[WBR], Arcade Zardos. [AIST] [SAT Astronomy//Think to survive!] [mp3.aist.net]