Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 01:38:06 +0200 (MEST)
From:      "Levi Masterson" <kugeln@gmx.net>
To:        Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tuner Problems with Xawtv (but not fxtv)

> I have the same problem with xawtv/motv and mplayer.  What is odd is
> that these programs are setting the correct frequency, I have verified
> this with fxtv, but the card still appears to not be tuning it
> correctly.
>
> I have a quick workaround, but I want to investigate a little more and
> find out what the real problem is before I start submitting patches.
>
>  -jre

It looks to me like fxtv relies on the tuner's (or drivers') knowledge of
what acceptable channels are for the given locale, while xawtv/motv uses the
aforementioned frequency lists.

I'd have no problem using fxtv if I could figure out how to turn that ugly
toolbar off, or get dtv to work (i.e. change channels).

--Levi

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/dsl