Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:58:38 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        johann@broadpark.no
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [BIND] W00t?! Non-existent host/domain

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 johann@broadpark.no wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I see nothing wrong with this file.
>
> Everything is as it's always been, where it has always worked. Yet only ns1
> resolves, and not my CNAMES.
>
> I've tried putting ns1 as IN A and having another @ as the same IP cover the
> rest of the CNAMES, including muay.
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me "resolve" the issue. Thanks :-)

Not without a copy of your configuration. You say

> Everything is as it's always been

In other words, the answer to "what did you change" is "nothing". In
that case, you may need to look for external reasons why your DNS setup
is suddenly breaking - such as a delegating nameserver forgetting about
your NS records.

"My army boots contain everything not in them." - Russell's pair o' Docs.