Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2012 03:13:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gcc and g++ version setting in buildflags.conf

Speaking of  bsdadminscripts I have problem with
pkg_validate, however Dominic haven't replied, so he
may be busy.

I've never got hang of deploying ccache, sorry. Usually
just heard something in the line "make sure you don't
use ccache/clean properly before rebuild" so it discouraged
me in term of debugging potential problems.

I set per port flags by simple means of:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/directory/directory}
AAAAAAA=
.endif

My setup predates bsdadminscripts and
USE_GCC=4.6+ I think, so maybe it's not
flavour of the month, but it usually works,
more or less.

Unless something really hangs on trying
/usr/bin/cc, which is clang here too, yes.

But it should not, as porters handbook
is concerned, and x11 parts which were
hardcoded around trying it are already fixed.