Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:47:55 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Logging FTPD

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:38:01 -0500
Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net> wrote:

> 	4.5 and I'm needing to log successful and failed on all things
> 	that FTPD will log.  AKA logins, send, get, mkdir, etc.

 Go to /etc directory and edit the file inetd.conf

 Find the ftp line.

 At the far right, where it says "ftpd -l" ? change that to read "ftpd -l
-l" and then kill -HUP `cat /var/run/inetd.pid`

 man 8 ftpd  explains this further.

-Gerry
Web hosting // Primary & Secondary DNS Services
at http://www.interpool.ca