Date:      Wed, 01 Jan 1997 01:42:33 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
Cc:        Jean-Paul Nuytten <jnuytten@penn.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, sos@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Installation Problems

> I think that while you may have trouble with the SoundBlaster, the CD
> should work fine. Just connects it as the slave to the primary EIDE
> controller on your motherboard (daisy chanied after your first hard
> disk). I have a CreativeLabs x8 CD working that way with 2.1.5. *Don't*
> have it connected to the SoundBlaster.

Nadav is also correct here - the major source of problems is the Sound
Blaster IDE controller; using a more standard IDE controller should
stand a much better chance of working (hey Soren, speaking of which,
have you received our cheque yet for the purchase of a Soundblaster
CDROM combo and other assorted IDE drives?  If not, let me know and
I'll go yell at somebody :-)

						Jordan