Date:      Thu, 24 May 2018 14:51:28 -0600
From:      "Dale Scott" <dalescott@shaw.ca>
To:        "'FreeBSD'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software

> There is a "sugarCRM" listed in the ports; however, the web site says it
is
> discontinued. I am not interested in something that is DOA.

DOA is bad, but sugarCRM is bad from DOA. Many web apps update themselves
now (e.g. WordPress, SugarCRM, SuiteCRM...), which may be why the ports are
not being maintained. IMHO letting these apps mange themselves is simpler
than using pkg. Also if you use pkg to initially install one and then let
the app update itself, the pkg database will become out of sync with the
app, which can result in maintenance confusion and possible headaches in the
future. IMHO it's simpler in the long run to install these apps manually and
let them look after themselves (fwiw, I use pkg to first install Apache,
MariaDb and PHP).

Cheers,
Dale