Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:35:53 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        bashr <bashr@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FAILURE - out of memory in start

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 09:04:49AM -0500, bashr wrote:
> Messages like the following are regularly logged on this server for each =
of the four installed hd's:
> +ad4: FAILURE - out of memory in start
> They did not occur before implementation of a gmirror of gstripes. Occurr=
ances of failures do not correspond with times of heavy load. Such failures=
 were mentioned on=20
> freebsd-geom in Aug 2005, but without a resolution that I could find. Set=
ting vm.kmem_size_scale=3D2, as suggested elsewhere does not solve the prob=
lem.

I see it too from time to time, but GEOM knows how to handle ENOMEM
errors and I think those are harmless.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl